We are well into our individual global experience of COVID-19. We’ve compiled a single page to keep you up to date on what we are doing at VanTap to support our community during this time – classes, community classes, videos and more!
July 13 – 17, 2020 Bootcamp Online
with Star Dixon and Danny Nielsen
Dancers 12 years+
Join online (via Zoom)
July 20 – 24, 2020 Dance Days of Summer
Full Day Dance Camp
Ages 6 – 12
In person at VanTap or online via Zoom
Live Community Classes
Thursdays – Tap Technique Class
Open level – welcome to all dancers!
LIVE on Zoom | 2:00pm PT
Meeting ID: 968 1319 1731
Our Community Classes are by donation to help support the Vancouver Tap Dance Society. Please consider making a donation for this class by sending an e-transfer or PayPal to email@example.com. Donations over $20CAD are applicable for a charitable tax receipt.
VanTap Arts Centre Re-Opening
Starting June 15, we are now accepting in-person rentals, private lessons and jams. We have implemented cleaning protocols, social distancing measures, and made the VanTap space as safe as possible for you to come back and join us in person.
If you are coming to the building:
- Please wear a mask in common areas (lobby, hallways etc.)
- Masks are optional when dancing
- Please wash your hands with hand sanitizer or in the bathroom upon immediately entering the building
- Wash your hands thoroughly throughout your visit in the building
- Keep your distance, 6ft/2m between you and others at all times. Be mindful of this especially in our hallways, and coming in and out of the studio
- Enter and exit through the front of the building on Hastings St.
- 7 people in the lobby at a time (this includes 1 staff member), please wait outside on the sidewalk
- 10 dancers in the large studio at a time
- 4 dancers in the small studio at a time
- 1 person in the kitchen at a time
- Back student lounge is closed
- Space between bookings and classes to allow time for the studios to air out and be cleaned
2020 – 2021 Academy Season Auditions
Audition for one of our tap training programs:
Competitive Choreography Program
Pre-TapCo/TapCo Youth Tap Ensemble
Video Audition Requirements
due June 30, 2020 at 11:59pm PT
Online Private Lessons
Are you looking to have a personal lesson customized to your level, interests and learning pace?
Our entire team is here for you!
Online Private lessons start at
$40 for 30 minutes
$75 for 60 minutes
Available online through Zoom. Email us to book your private lesson
Many public TapCo performances have been cancelled or rescheduled, our ensembles (youth and professional) are in regular online rehearsals.
The Vancouver International Tap Dance Festival is still planned for August 24 – 31, 2020. We continue to stay up-to-date on the latest news and will announce any changes here.
Our Ongoing Commitment
Dance has unique challenges when considering the current guidelines and developing appropriate protocols for our community’s safety.
As we prepare to navigate this new phase we want to hear from you:
TAKE THIS 4 MIN SURVEY
We’re so grateful for the deep connections that our community has demonstrated in these past weeks, and look forward to continuing this journey with you.
We are in this together.