We are well into our individual global experience of COVID-19. We’ve compiled a single page to keep you up to date on what we are doing at VanTap to support our community during this time – classes, community classes, videos and more!
VanTap Arts Centre is Open
We have implemented cleaning protocols, social distancing measures, and made the VanTap space as safe as possible for you to come back and join us in person.
If you are coming to the building:
- Please wear a mask in common areas (lobby, hallways etc.)
- Masks are optional when dancing as long as you can remain in your square, and social distanced from any other students or the teacher
- Please wash your hands with hand sanitizer or in the bathroom upon immediately entering the building
- Wash your hands thoroughly throughout your visit in the building
- Keep your distance, 6ft/2m between you and others at all times. Be mindful of this especially in our hallways, and coming in and out of the studio
- Enter and exit through the front of the building on Hastings St.
2020 – 2021 Academy Season Auditions
Audition for one of our tap training programs:
Competitive Choreography Program
Pre-TapCo/TapCo Youth Tap Ensemble
Video Audition Requirements
we are still accepting late video audition submissions
Online Private Lessons
Are you looking to have a personal lesson customized to your level, interests and learning pace?
Our entire team is here for you!
Online Private lessons start at
$40 for 30 minutes
$75 for 60 minutes
Available online through Zoom. Email us to book your private lesson
Many public TapCo performances have been cancelled or rescheduled, our ensembles (youth and professional) are in regular online rehearsals.
|2020 VanTap Fest is HAPPENING August 24 – 30, 2020|
VanTap Fest is going online! We are pleased to offer live-streamed classes from international guest artists such as:
• Derick K Grant
• Michela Marino Lerman
• Starinah ‘Star’ Dixon
• Lisa La Touche
• Danny Nielsen
• Andrew J. Nemr
• Tosh Sutherland
• Lindsay Sterk
• Nathan Bugh
• Bryn Kinders
• Dan Reynolds
We are offering 5-day residencies, 3-day residencies and weekend workshops for all levels. This means you can take class wherever you are in the world!
Become a VanTap member and save 10% on your entire registration!
|Are you a dance teacher who has tap dance students?|
Check out the tap teacher special