Vancouver Tap Dance Society
with Performances from VanTap Academy students!
Special performance by TapCo!
A fundraiser to help raise funds to support the society and academy in making dance as accessible for all to enjoy, and continuing developing our programs, access to guest artists, events and more.
Saturday November 30, 2019
Doors open at 6:00pm (dancers arrive)
Show starts at 7:00pm
Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
154 E 10th Ave Vancouver, BC
Please park in the underground parking lot or street parking
Vancouver Tap Dance Society is a non-profit organization that provides dance lessons in jazz, hip hop and tap at a lesser cost than competitors to make dance more accessible for everyone. We rely on support from donors, grants and fundraisers to continue making this happen.
ALSO, you get to see our students perform, have yummy food, a drink or two and enjoy an awesome evening.
- *PLEASE LIMIT TICKETS TO 2 (TWO) PER FAMILY FOR CAPACITY REASONS. ONCE A MAJORITY OF TIX HAVE BEEN PURCHASED WE WILL RELEASE MORE TIX FOR SALE*
- Adults $20
- Youth (ages 5 – 18) $15
- Dancers performing in the show (registered for our 2019 – 2020 academy) do NOT need a ticket.
- Children under 5 are free but must have a free tix RSVP’ed.
At the door
- Adult + Youth $25
What is happening at the fundraiser?
- performances from our VanTap academy, from 3 years old up to our adult program
- Silent auction
- Delicious food available for purchase (snacks and ouer d’oeuvres)
- Bar with wine, beer, cider and non-alcoholic drinks for purchase
- Bake sale for a tasty treat or two available for purchase
We need your help!
- Volunteers (do not have to pay for an entrance ticket)
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks donated
- Variety of food donated
- Silent auction items e.g. gift certificates, services (massages, dinners etc.), items and more!
Email email@example.com for more info.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is city transit available and undergound or street parking available. Please do NOT parking on the side alley parking lot of the church.
Will dinner be served?
We will be serving snacks and ouer d’oeuvres, not a full meal. Please eat a dinner beforehand.
If I have dietary restrictions, can I expect food available for me?
Although we will do our best to accommodate all dietary preferences, please make arrangements to have food for yourself in the case we do not have something for you.
Is this a 19+ event?
We will be serving alcohol at our bar, but guests do not need to be 19 to enter the event. Two pieces of gov’t ID will be asked for at the bar before serving.
What forms of payment will you take?
Cash, cheque, e-transfer (must receive email at the moment) and credit card.
- Arrive just after 6:00pm
- Costumes: wear any shades of white and blue, winter colours. Black pants are okay.
- Come with hair in a clean up do and out of face for on stage.
- Bring tap shoe covers for when not on stage (a pair of over sized socks over top the shoe work great), and non-tap shoes for when not performing
- Eat dinner beforehand as there will only be snacks available
- Tell your parents to be ready to support, we will have food, drinks and a bake sale available for purchase as well as a silent auction to bid on.