Dates: August 25 – 27, 2017
Location: Scotiabank Dance Centre, Orpheum Annex Theatre (Vancouver)
Job Title: Festival Volunteer/Intern
Perfect for high-school student who want to gain some work experience/ complete their volunteer hours for graduation.
What is the Vancouver International Tap Dance Festival?
The 18th annual Vancouver International Tap Dance Festival brings together people who share the same passion for tap, to take classes and watch performances from some of North America’s top tap dancers. During the day, students take classes, and in the evenings watch performances. To learn more: vantapdance.com
I am a tap dancer – can I take classes at the festival?
Yes! Please check out the festival class schedule on our website and let us know in your application what classes you would be interested in taking. We would do our best to accommodate a class request to our volunteers.
As a volunteer, what would I be doing?
- Assist with registration, check-in table, backstage
- Support festival coordinator with the days’ logistics
- Add/drop dancers from classes and accept payments on our CRM system
- Assisting artists by taking class attendance
- Set-up and clean–up
- Other tasks as assigned
- Able to maintain accurate, timely, complete documentation and computer records
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in interpersonal interactions
- Able to commit Friday, August 25 through Sunday, August 27
You will receive a package with information on the festival, artists, and other details before and a quick training session will take place on Friday early morning.
Job Title: Festival Volunteer Driver
We are looking for students or parents from our academy that are interested in driving artists to/from YVR airport to/from the Holiday Inn Hotel (downtown).
We need drivers to pick – up artists from YVR on August 24 throughout the day and drop – off at YVR on August 27 (Afternoon) and 28 (morning).
When emailing please let us know what type of car you and driving and how many people and luggage it can fit. As well, if you can specify what days work best for you and what time of the days will be most convenient.
How do I apply?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 15, 2017 with the email subject line as “Festival Volunteer/Intern 2017”. Please attach a resume if applicable.